IFZA Dubai Company Formation Process Overview
Forming your company and processing your Visa in Dubai has never been this easy. Here’s an overview of the process:
1. Consultation and Proposal
International expansion can be exciting and daunting at the same time as there are so many factors to consider. We guide you through the process ensuring that your expansion plan is economically viable as well as making sure that your tax strategy follows suit.
Your entry into Dubai is a two-fold process requiring you to first register your company and secondly deal with the related emigration process should you require a Visa.
With our guidance you will be able to obtain clarity on:
- The type of license you should choose
- Which type of business activity would be most suitable
- The Visa package most appropriate
- Whether you would require office space solutions
2. Takeoff and Supporting Documentation
Now reality hits. It is time that you get into the trenches and do the hard yards. Collate the supporting documents and complete the related business registration as well as Visa processing documents.
The documents we require as a minimum include:
- The license application form including the initial Ultimate Beneficial Ownership form and declaration
- Passport copy
- Digital passport photo
- Emirates ID and Visa Copy for UAE residents
Depending on the type of license and certain Visa requirements you may be required to provide additional documentation which may need to be attested and/or notarised.
If the shareholder of the company will be a corporate entity additional information will be required which is to be disclosed to you at a later stage.
Here is the best part. For registering your company with IFZA you do not have to visit Dubai. You can do this from your home country. All documents can be signed electronically.
3. Application and Processing
At this stage, you leave it up to us. Your Nomad consultant will take care of the rest. We will liaise with the business register at IFZA ensuring that your company registration application is processed.
Once your process has been processed you will receive 2 forms for signature. One form is to be signed by the general manager of the company and the other by the shareholders upon which the license of the company will be issued. Be 100% sure that you provide relevant and correct email information as these will be used to obtain your e-signature.
It is not time for Visa processing yet, one first has to finalise the process of setting up the company whereafter you can tend to process your Visa. It is very important to note that if you have included the requirement for Visa allocation in your application you will also have to obtain an Establishment card at an additional cost. Without an establishment card, you will not be able to process your Visa application.
4. License Approval and Issuing
You will receive a soft copy of your licensing documents which will include
- Your trade license
- Certificate of formation
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Third-Party approval request (if required)
- Unit lease agreement
Should you require a copay of the original registration company registration documentation this can be collected from the IFZA head office in DSO. Be sure that you sign the 2 relevant pages and the IFZA registrar stamps below your signature with the IFZA stamp.
5. ONGOING SUPPORT SERVICES
Now that you have your company registration you can tend to other supporting services you may require. These usually include:
- Visa processing
- Office solutions
- License upgrades and downgrades
- License amendments
- License renewals
Nomad.cloud also provides you with additional supporting services which may include:
- Assisting with the opening of a bank account
- Economic Substance Regulation (ESR) filings
- Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO) filings
- VAT registration with the FTA
- Xero subscriptions should you require accounting software
- Accounting and accounts processing